[fpc-pascal] Thread Safety of String

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Jun 5 10:04:04 CEST 2014

On 06/05/2014 09:56 AM, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

>>    - even a simple write might be not thread save or

OK. I do see that with multi-processor archs with lacking automatic
memory barriers this in fact might be violated for misaligned variables.
(I don't doubt that such archs do exist.)
("thread save" in the sense that a write of the value can't be
interrupted by another thread and hence the other thread always reads
the coherent value - either the one before the writing or the one after
writing) .

Thanks for clearness.
-Michael