[fpc-pascal] Database Metadata proposal

LacaK lacak at zoznam.sk
Mon Jun 2 08:01:59 CEST 2014

Hi Daniel,
If I understand correctly, when you will use new GetObjectNames then you
must itterate throught returned collection to obtain "schema names" +
"object names" (f.e. "table names").

IMO very similar result you can get also with existing implementation,
when you use:

with SQLQuery1 do begin
  SetSchemaInfo(stTables); // here you can set type of schema query like
stTables, stColumns, stProcedures, stSchemata etc.
  Open; // here is opened dataset with requested schema query
  while not Eof do begin
    // here you can use FieldByName('SCHAME_NAME').AsString ,
FieldByName('TABLE_NAME').AsString, etc.
    Next;
  end;
end;

-Laco.