[fpc-pascal] cthreads

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sun Jul 27 14:21:57 CEST 2014

In our previous episode, leledumbo said:
> > Because then all apps are linked to it, also the ones that don't need
> threads. Same for clocale and cwstrings.
>
> If the widestring manager could be made by ourselves, is it possible for
> thread manager as well?

You could make an own threadmanager in theory. I have some doubts about the
usability and practicality though. If it ever emerges I think it will remain
for specific cases, not a general replacement.

The difference with the unicode manager is that you per definition need OS
support for the general threadmanager case.  With unicode you have the
choice to go via the OS (and be light on bulky tables in every binary) or
implement it yourself based on the liberally licensed Unicode consortium's
tables.