[fpc-pascal] Using a custom fpc.cfg

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Tue Jul 8 11:45:06 CEST 2014

On Tue, July 8, 2014 11:33, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> Reinier Olislagers wrote:
>> On 07/07/2014 11:10, luciano de souza wrote:
>>> What I want to know is: is there a commandline parameter to specify a
>>> new name or, at least, a new directory to fpc.cfg file?
>>
>> Yes, there is (I suspect it's fpc @/path/to/your/fpc.cfg) but the
>> default config files (e.g. /etc/fpc/fpc.cfg or something) will still be
>> read.
>> You'll need to use fpc with the -n option to avoid that.
>
> Incidentally, how does one get a list of fpc's options? I don't mean
> fpc -h  since that actually shows ppcXXX's options, but how does one get
> minimal info on fpc itself such as a reminder of the -V option?

In trunk, fpc -h shows all options supported by either fpc or ppcXXX
(technically, ppcXXX still shows the list, but it includes fpc specific
options if invoked from fpc). The part handled specifically by fpc should
not be of such a high interest normally, but it may be obtained by diffing
the output of both.

BTW, the parameter '@' mentioned here is apparently not shown in the
options list produced by either -? or -h... ;-)

Tomas