[fpc-pascal] Efficient millisecond timestamp

Sat Jan 11 12:36:48 CET 2014

On 2014-01-10 11:02, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> Last time I looked, EpikTimer used Now() on Unixes,
> definitely if you were not on intel platforms.

On i386 systems it uses Intel CPU hardware timers. On other Windows
systems it uses the Windows QueryPerformanceCounter API. On Unixes it
uses fpgettimeofday() and fpnanosleep()

Does Now() use the fpgettimeofday() call?  Sorry, I didn't delve into
the compiler code to find out.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/