[fpc-pascal] Ansi version of string functions

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Thu Jan 9 11:49:07 CET 2014

On 09 Jan 2014, at 03:08, Xiangrong Fang wrote:

> I would like to know what is the difference between AnsiStrscan and
> strscan, or, generically, the Ansi* functions versus non-ansi
> versions?

In general, the difference between Ansi* functions and non-ansi
versions is that the Ansi* versions take (or should take) the locale
into account (e.g. the case-insensitive Ansi* routines should consider
"i" to be the lowercase version of "İ" instead of of "I" in a Turkish
locale). In practice, this has not yet been implemented for all of
them (see rtl/objpas/sysutils/sysansi.inc, patches are welcome).

For some routines, it is also not clear in what way they could take
the locale into account at all and as such AnsiStrscan and Strscan are
identical.

Jonas