[fpc-pascal] Documentation, syntax diagrams

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed Jan 8 22:25:15 CET 2014

On Wed, 8 Jan 2014, Jürgen Hestermann wrote:

> Am 08.01.2014 21:01, schrieb Sven Barth:
>> No, an alias would be
>> === code begin ===
>> type
>>   Real = Double;
>> === code end ===
>> Using the "type" behind the "=" tells the compiler to declare a new type
> based on the right side.
>> So a "Double" and a "Real" are not assignment compatible and can have
> different sets of operator overloads.
>
> Thanks for the answer.
> I already suspected such a definition.
>
> But why is it not part of the documentation?
> If nobody takes care of the documentation anymore
> then it should better be removed at all.

I am well aware that documentation needs updating.
The SVN logs will convince you that it is updated on a regular basis.

I usually respond positively to all requests for updates, as my other reply proves.

That is, provided they are put in a positive form, and not with a dosis of poison as you just provided.

If you insist on being negative, please find another mailing list to do so.

Michael.