[fpc-pascal] Is it just me or... trunk cross compile failure on arm-linux

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 8 19:00:19 CET 2014

Am 08.01.2014 17:08 schrieb "Reinier Olislagers" <
reinierolislagers at gmail.com>:
> Mmm, interesting. Seems opposite on trunk. -CaEABI works; -CaEABIHF
> fails (I'm using current trunk as a starting compiler)

*sigh* I thought you were one of those who already knows this, but it seems
not: *ALWAYS* compile using the last release as starting compiler. We won't
provide support if a trunk version (be it a non-released fixes or the main
dev one) is used. The only exception is the compilation of a cross compiler
using the exact same revision.
(and yes that even includes if compiling with the last release results in
the same error AMD thus might point to a different problem)

> I'll probably try tomorrow with FPC 2.6.2 as a bootstrap compiler...

You better do that.

Regards,
Sven