[fpc-pascal] Enum scope

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Fri Feb 28 19:29:03 CET 2014

Hi,

The FPC stable version allow to declare a new type, as
private/protected/public, inside a class.
So, I propose migrate enums to your "own" classes... why?

Well, I have my own TProcess so TMyProcess inherit from TProcess.
Perfectly. But I need to use some properties like:
    Property Options : TProcessOptions
    Property Priority : TProcessPriority
    Property StartupOptions : TStartupOptions

These properties are defined in Process unit. My class is in myprocess unit
(or something like that).
The problem is: I can not use the enums values because they don't exists in
my unit (myprocess) but if these enums were defined inside TProcess class
(public type), I can use them without problem.

So, what do you think about it?

Regards,
Marcos Douglas