[fpc-pascal] Generic String Functions

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Fri Feb 28 14:26:05 CET 2014

In our previous episode, Michael Schnell said:
> Here, The Delphi model does not provide a String encoding type (and
> appropriate "compiler magic") that can be used for that purpose (i.e.
> "fully dynamically encoded").
>
> Hence the fpc team _might_ decide to enhance the Delphi imposed model
> appropriately and with that help the Lazarus team to provide a more
> Delphi compatible - even though OS independent - API for the LCL.

I think it is better to start implementing it in a fork. A fork can move
much faster and make a reconnaissance of all problems and find solutions for
them, and see what you can do to improve compatibility.

One the fork has a functioning Lazarus again, you will have a much better
bargaining position than now while it is all paper, and some people are
strongly in favor, and the others say it won't work.