[fpc-pascal] TSQLQuery UniDirectional and SaveToStream

Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis d.ioannidis at nephelae.eu
Thu Feb 6 09:56:28 CET 2014

Hi,

Στις 6/2/2014 9:10 πμ, ο/η LacaK έγραψε:
> Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis wrote / napísal(a):
>> Hi all,
>>
>> i will appreciate a little help / advice / anything for the following
>> problem i'm having.
>>
>> I need to use the xmldatapacketreader to transfer datasets between
>> free pascal and delphi.
>>
>> The problem i'm having is that i can't use UniDirectional and
>> SaveToStream at the same time ( getting
>> DataBaseError(SUniDirectional) ) and for big datasets the memory goes
>>
>> So, does anyone have any idea how to use xmldatapacketreader ( which
>> implies SaveToStream ) and UniDirectional ?
>>
> As you can see there is CheckBiDirectional in the begining of
> SaveToStream ...
> I am not sure, why is there such check (may be that bookmarks are used
> and bookmarks are not supported by unidirectional datasets?)

by the way, one of the uses of a unidirectional dataset, is the
sequential manipulation of big datasets. One of those manipulation is to
transform the data while exporting them. So IMHO it will be nice to
undone the invalidation of the SaveToStream method for the
UniDirectional datasets.

May be a feature request ?

regards,

--