[fpc-pascal] When loading a TComponent from file, method Loaded fired but method Loading not.

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed Dec 17 20:52:34 CET 2014

On Wed, 17 Dec 2014, Kiên Nguyễn Tiến Trung wrote:

> Could you please explain this problem? I think that Loading method should be called by streaming system.

This is by design.

The state of a component cannot be manipulated directly.

The csLoading state of a component is set by the reader by accessing the private fields of TComponent directly.
The author of fpGUI wanted to set the csLoading component without using a reader.

So the Loading() method was introduced to set csLoading, but it is by design not used by the reader.

Michael.