[fpc-pascal] fphttpserver and concurrent connections

Fri Aug 8 08:54:19 CEST 2014

Hi,

I've only used the fphttpserver component for a single user embedded web
server application. For a different part of the product I'm working on,
I'm trying to reduce the installation effort by dropping the Apache Web
Server install and complex configuration. The embedded fphttpserver
worked so well in the embedded product, I'm wondering if it could work
on a slightly bigger scale on a LAN.

Is fphttpserver up to the task to handle 30-60 concurrent connections?
The product runs in a classroom style environment where learners will
log in and use the system for a hour at a time. The web server will
mainly server Adobe Flash content.

I'm in the process of writing a test project where I can hopefully start
30+ HTTP clients and hit the fphttpserver web server for a set duration
to see how it copes.

If somebody has already tested this, I would be very grateful to hear
about your experiences.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/