[fpc-pascal] https support; call for testers

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sun Apr 13 22:29:07 CEST 2014

On Sun, 13 Apr 2014, Reinier Olislagers wrote:

> On 11/04/2014 15:27, Reinier Olislagers wrote:
>> On 11/04/2014 15:00, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>>> One consequence of this is that the fphttpclient unit now has support
>>> for the https:// protocol.
>> <snip>
>>> I have tested on windows and unix, the support for client-side SSL
>>> support works.
>>>
>>> I would like to invite people to test and report if they find problems
>>> or missing features.
>
> Windows Laz/FPC x86 client: just by replaced my URL http with https,
> making sure the openssl libraries are present. No problems with a remote
> Linux x64 apache+fcl-web CGI server.
>
> If you want to use client side certificates with httpclient, how would
> you do specify that?

I don't want to burden the component with too much properties.

So, I have implemented 2 methods:

1. The socket handler is now created in a virtual method:
    GetSocketHandler
    it can be overridden to implement custom behaviour.

2. There is an event OnGetSocketHandler which can be assigned to create the socket.
    the default GetSocketHandler calls this event, and if the event handler is not
    set or returns a Nil handler, it will create a default handler.

See if you can do it with this system, if not let me know what I would need to add.

> PS: This:
>  * Https support.
> note in fphttpclient.pp can probably go...

Done, rev 27571.

> PPS: If you're touching fcl-web anyway, perhaps could you implement
> the patch in

Done, I have been staring myself blind at what could have caused this regression.
Thanks !!!

Michael.