[fpc-pascal] How to remove verbose compiler output

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Sat Apr 5 22:10:59 CEST 2014

On Sat, April 5, 2014 17:26, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> On Sat, 5 Apr 2014, Jonas Maebe wrote:

>>> Thanks. So what is the difference between -ve and -v0?
>>
>> -ve does not switch anything off, it only enables showing errors (e.g.,
>> if it
>> was disabled first via -ve-). -v0 switches off everything but error
>> reporting.
>
> ...Supposedly, in view of the bugreport and trouble experienced by Graeme
> ;)
>
> That said, I find it strange, because I have all verbosity except errors
> switched off,
> and it works.

As mentioned yesterday, I tested it under Win32 with the 2.6.4 compiler
and it worked according to specification. It apparently works well for
Jonas too on his Mac OS X machine (according to his note added to the bug
report).

We clearly need to find out more information about the differences leading
to the incorrect behaviour. That's why I asked the bug reporter to provide
information about his platform (one difference which I can see that Graeme
uses the x86_64 version - not that it should make any difference, but all
possibilities need to be analyzed), check if -n changes anything and test
if it works the same also with the simplest source files.

Tomas