[fpc-pascal] From deflate to gzip

Daniel Gaspary dgaspary at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 15:48:22 CEST 2014

On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 4:12 AM, Michael Van Canneyt
<michael at freepascal.org> wrote:
> No, currently you need a file, unless you are willing to duplicate the
> tgzstream class using an in memory-approach.
> (that would be a welcome addition, BTW)

TZipper has similar problem, you cannot write direct to the destination file.

Months a go I worked to modify the class to have a Stream writing
directly to a zip file.

A complicated change, and I don't know if worth the effort because due
to Zip format[1], I realize that only streams with support to "seek
back" would be possible.

[1] The File Header is written before the compressed stream, and it
must contain the compressed file size.