[fpc-pascal] minigzip example does not compile (?)

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 13:21:16 CEST 2014

On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 1:53 PM, Marco van de Voort <marcov at stack.nl> wrote:
> Newer delphi's come with a zstream iirc, and contrary to D7(*), you don't need
> to do anything. (unit zlib, tzcompressionstream and -de variant + helper
> procedures). I use them for the png compression in my ported fcl-image parts.

Yes but we still have Delphi 2007.
It only has TCompressionStream but no TZCompressionStream.
Maybe we could just add our own metadata wrapper instead of gzip or a
zlib wrapper.
Well, it does not sound like a clever thing to do.

We have used tpabbrevia but it has a bug with very big files (like 6
GB). Its code is not easy to understand and I would rather not start
searching the bug.

Marco, what was the FPC counterpart for TZCompressionStream in your
Delphi-compatible code? FPC does not have TZCompressionStream either.

Juha