[fpc-pascal] GUI confusion

Fred van Stappen fiens at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 30 21:33:34 CEST 2013

Have you try fpGUI ?

https://github.com/graemeg/fpGUI/tree/develop

Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 01:07:56 -0500
Subject: Re: [fpc-pascal] GUI confusion
From: michal.wallace at gmail.com
To: fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org

On Sep 29, 2013 8:24 AM, "Patrick" <patrick at spellingbeewinnars.org> wrote:
> I don't really like IDEs. I used gvim and I suppose it could almost be called an IDE as well but I mean I would rather use the shellr then clicking on a build button.
For what its worth, I use free pascal practically every day, but rarely open Lazarus.
I write most of my code in emacs, running inside a tmux session: http://tangentstorm.imgur.com/all/
But if I were going to make a GUI app, it would be crazy of me to ignore Lazarus. :)
I also use it when I want to browse and navigate through other people's source code. You can ctrl-click on identifiers as id they were hyperlinks.
Also if part of what bothers you is all the floating panels, you can enable the anchor docking extension and put everything into one window. That made a tremendous difference for me.

fpc-pascal maillist  -  fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org