[fpc-pascal] Re: RFD: CardDAV support library for FreePascal, call for ideas

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Thu Sep 26 12:00:10 CEST 2013

On Thu, 26 Sep 2013, Lukasz Sokol wrote:

>> I also do not see why you would need alterations to DOM.pas, both
>> WebDav and CardDav use plain and simple XML.
>
> I merely based my assumption on DOM.pas comment stating level3 is partially implemented...
> should have worded it differently:
>
> "It remains to be seen whether any DOM Level 3 additions will be needed into
> DOM.pas since it states it's Partially Implemented"

I understood you correctly.

DOM is an implementation specification. Not an XML specification.

DOM "level 3" has nothing to do with the ability to process XML.
DOM "level 2" will just as well parse any valid XML.

The only thing DOM level 3 will probably give you is perhaps some extra methods/properties to make life easier.

Just tring to point out that you should be fine with the dom unit as it is,
before you go chasing ghosts and spend time on things that are not essential :)

Michael.