[fpc-pascal] Re: RFD: CardDAV support library for FreePascal, call for ideas

Lukasz Sokol el.es.cr at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 10:26:20 CEST 2013

On 26/09/13 01:29, Daniel Gaspary wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 12:22 PM, Lukasz Sokol <el.es.cr at gmail.com> wrote:
>> CalDAV itself is used on the CRM I use, but I've no demand for interacting
>> with it. Yet.*
>
> I have just taken a look at the RFC* and it seems simple to implement.
>
> I don't need CardDav right now, but I believe I will need it soon.
>
> Can you take (and share) CardDav samples needed on this CRM? They
> could be useful.

So far, I c&p the examples included in the RFC (OPTIONS, REPORT/CARDDAV:addressbook-multiget)
pasting into my program as plain text and it sure enough works;
maybe not a briliant way to do things, but it does (in the sense that it produces output
I expect).

Due to quite a short time I spent on it so far, I haven't delved much deeper into
using the DOM.pas (or indeed any other abstract XML class) directly -
all it does for me so far, is validation of XML and mid-point to a more visual
representation of it into TTreeNodes, which ultimately isn't needed but helps
me imagine what's going on.

> * http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6352#page-4

(I'll continue in other replies to MvC in this thread)

Thanks,
-Lukasz