[fpc-pascal] represent data string in hex?

wkitty42 at windstream.net wkitty42 at windstream.net
Sun Sep 22 13:38:32 CEST 2013

On Saturday, September 21, 2013 12:03 PM, patspiper <patspiper at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 21/09/13 18:56, wkitty42 at windstream.net wrote:
[...]
> > i haven't tried that... my understanding is that #xx depicts the decimal
> format of the character...
> >
> > eg : $FF == #255
> It is rather #$FF which is the same as #255, like Chr(255)

this worked, pat... thanks for the pointer!

but i'm still confused as to what # means to indicate... i've always understood it to indicate the decimal value of a raw byte whereas $ indicates the hex value of a raw byte... i haven't found anything showing the use of #$xxx though :/

in any case, this worked and i'm a bit happier :) :) :)