[fpc-pascal] lnet for TCP daemon

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Sep 18 13:33:24 CEST 2013

On 09/18/2013 01:19 PM, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> Some users asked about messages from/to other applications for nogui
> LCL applications on Windows.

OK.

In fact to me it has been a completely silly concept of Borland's that
in early Delphi versions TThread.Queue was not documented (or in very
early versions maybe not even implemented) and thus the users were
forced to "by hand" use Windows messages to schedule asynchronous Main
Thread events.

By that the concepts of Thread to Mainthread signaling has been mixed
with the concept of inter-Application signaling (and even the decently
ugly windowish Application to GUI Widget signaling).

But this is not your or my fault ;-) .

Maybe when implementing PostMessage for  Thread to Mainthread signaling
for windows OS we could take care of inter application messages.

-Michael