[fpc-pascal] ExpandFileName failure on long filenames on Linux

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 10:58:40 CEST 2013

On 8/31/13, Tomas Hajny <XHajT03 at hajny.biz> wrote:
> That probably depends on the level of urgency this issue has for you.

ATM it does not happen in real world scenarios for me.

> As I wrote -
> the other file and directory related functions and procedures have
> always had only shortstring interfaces, whereas with GetDir there has
> also been the ansistring version).

I would prefer waiting for _all_ IO functions to handle LongStrings
(or any not_shortstring).
If I understand correctly this will happen in the 2.8 series then
(which has the cpstring feature)?

(I suppose the curent limitation is documented somewhere?)

Bart