[fpc-pascal] No access to Embedded FPC HTTP server on Vista or Win7

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Tue Oct 29 09:49:57 CET 2013

On Monday 28/10/2013 at 11:51, Graeme Geldenhuys  wrote:

> Any ideas why this is happening?

Just a quick progress update...

It seems it wasn't the fcl-web HTTP Server or CGI clients at fault,
but rather an Embedded Firebird shared access problem on Windows Vista
and later. The webserver app established a DB connection, and then
later the CGI apps try and establish a DB connection too, but due to
file locking the CGI apps are prevented from getting that connection.
The web browser then just sits there "loading...."

As Michael pointed out to me, as of Embedded Firebird 2.5, shared
access should be allowed. I am using 2.5.2 and it seems on my test
systems, shared access is still not allowed. I'll google shared access
some more, and if I don't find anything, simply modify the webserver
application to only establish a DB connection when absolutely
necessary, and only for a short duration.

 Regards,
  Graeme