[fpc-pascal] Namespaces Support

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sat Oct 26 14:36:36 CEST 2013

In our previous episode, Fabr?cio Srdic said:
> I know I'm a newbie in fpc, but I don't see backward compatibility a reason
> enough to leave to implement some improvements, like organize the
> base units of the fpc into proper namespaces.

It depends on the improvement. And IMHO this is a meagre one, if done just
for the case a rare developer needs it. (any feature will be (ab)used sooner
or later by somebody)

It becomes a different matter if it leads to regular issues because some
major third party component starts using it, but till then IMHO it is just
more trouble than it is worth.  And nearly all OSS and commercial packages
still support pre XE2 delphi versions now.

That is a bit the timeframe tradeoff I was discussion about with Michael.