[fpc-pascal] Sparse files and and copy-on-write filesystems

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Sat Oct 26 13:14:35 CEST 2013

Does FPC have any support these days for creating and accessing sparse
files, in particular on Linux? I'm considering a file containing a 2Gb
fixed-size filesystem, with one or more sparse files logging updates.
Obviously I could use something like Qemu's qcow format, but initially
at least I think I'd prefer to be able to use raw files.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk