[fpc-pascal] Using arm-embedded-fpc

Koenraad Lelong fpascal1 at de-brouwerij.be
Thu Oct 24 13:41:28 CEST 2013

op 23-10-13 21:51, Florian Klämpfl schreef:
> Am 23.10.2013 20:01, schrieb Michael Ring:
>> This article describes what build-id does:
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureBuildId
>>
>> your fix should get applied to trunk, the gnu-build section should end
>> up somewhere, best place is flash, it will not get used anyway.
>
> Well, the best would be if it ended up nowhere because it eats only
> flash memory.

Hi,

I modified t_embed.pas to not include that line in link.res :
.note.gnu.build-id : { *(.note.gnu.build-id) } >flash

But I'm unable to locate where that '--build-id' is generated for the
linker-commandline. If that is removed (only for arm-embedded ?), the
build-id will not be generated, so no wasted memory.

Regards,

Koenraad.