[fpc-pascal] DataSet.Locate: different behaviour between FPC 2.6.2 and 2.7.1 (rev. 2013/09/01)

silvioprog silvioprog at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 15:37:58 CEST 2013

Hello,

This morning, I compiled a code using FPC (Windows, rev. 2013/09/01), after
that, my tests using dataset.locate has stopped.

The Locate method locates record, even when it does not exists. The problem
occurs only with varchar fields, in integer fields it works fine.

In attachment I'm sending a small project to reproduce it. Here in my
machine I made two tests, please see the log below:

Result in FPC 2.6.2:

test.exe
output: N
output: N