[fpc-pascal] synapse + ssl on linux ,how to use libc

Tony Whyman tony.whyman at mwasoftware.co.uk
Tue Oct 22 11:28:41 CEST 2013

Dennis,

If you are looking for the FPC unit called "libc", on my system it is
(source code)

/usr/share/fpcsrc/2.6.2/packages/libc/src/libc.pp

 and comes with the warning

unit libc deprecated 'Unportable Kylix legacy unit that only exists on
Linux/x86. see http://wiki.freepascal.org/libc_unit ';

If you are looking for the underlying C library of that name, on my
Ubuntu 12.04 X64 system, its in

/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6

Regards

Tony Whyman
MWA Software

P.S. Personally, I prefer the Indy components for Internet access.