[fpc-pascal] docs on freepascal.org vs lazarus-ccr.sourceforge.net

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 20 11:44:19 CEST 2013

Am 20.10.2013 09:47 schrieb "Michal Wallace" <michal.wallace at gmail.com>:

> So...
>
> The top google result for "free pascal TComponent" is:
>
>    http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/rtl/classes/tcomponent.html
>
> This is 8 months old. The updated page doesn't show up in the results at
all:

>     http://lazarus-ccr.sourceforge.net/docs/rtl/classes/tcomponent.html
>
> I find this unfortunate.
>
> Is the issue that the freepascal.org docs are tied to the official
release?

Yes.

> Perhaps we could do something like the dropdown atop:
>
>    http://docs.python.org/3/index.html
>
> Or perhaps as a trunk user, I'm in the minority and this doesn't affect
anyone else?

The development version of the documentation is only updated so far that it
reflects the changes for the next version (currently 2.6.4) which does not
necessarily mean to be trunk. The documentation for trunk is only then
prepared when the next major version is branched (which is not the case
yet).

Regards,
Sven