[fpc-pascal] SqlDB+Firebird - incomplete sql error messages

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Thu Oct 17 12:02:22 CEST 2013

On Thu, 17 Oct 2013, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I run sql insert statements (that I know will cause an error) using the FlameRobin tool, I get a detailed error message
> mentioning which table and field caused the problem.
>
> Using SqlDB (via tiOPF) I only get a cryptic error message where the table and field names are referenced as "@1" and "@2"
> respectively, instead of the real values. See attached screenshot.
>
> Is this an issue with SqlDB, or is it maybe something the tiOPF's SqlDB persistence layer is doing?

One possibility is that the use of parameters messes up the error message ?
Flamerobin does not use parameters, but tiOPF does.

In each case, SQLDB simply returns the error message that firebird gives.
It does no processing of this message.

It may be that tiOPF does some post-processing, but you're better placed to answer this question.

Michael.