[fpc-pascal] free pascal and game consoles

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Oct 9 15:51:30 CEST 2013

On 10/09/2013 03:41 PM, Sven Barth wrote:
> One needs to port FPC for these platforms. For Wii, GameCube, Nintendo
> DS and GameBoy Advance this was already done, but noone did yet start
> a PlayStation or Xbox port.

AFAIK:

PS3 is a multi-Core PPC architecture with propriety display hardware.
There is a Linux port that runs on a single core but can't use the other
cores and only uses the basic feature of the display hardware. A ppc fpc
should be runable on that Linux, but this is is not suitable to do
decent games.

PS4 and XBox are X86 archs. So fpc should easily run, but the libraries
would need to be ported to take advantage of the "OS" (whatever it is)
and libraries. Again I think to do decent games you would need to use
some propriety graphic hardware feature.

-Michael