[fpc-pascal] Re: build a compiler for GO32v2 under Windows 8 (or 7)

Philippe philippe at quarta.com.br
Tue Oct 8 14:04:15 CEST 2013

really thanks, but my needs are quite basic, and I found my way.

but I keep the link ... me be usefull later!

Thanks

Philippe

2:34 PM, "Philippe" wrote:

> > Problem!(?) ... I was using window,
gotoxy and so on ... and I donĀ“t find anything similar with video unit!

> I don't know if this would be useful to you, but I've been working
on a modernized CRT for some time:

https://github.com/tangentstorm/xpl/blob/master/code/kvm.pas [2]
> -
http://tangentstorm.github.io/xpl/kvm.pas.html [3] ( literate
programming style tour of the code ) These support unicode output, 256
foreground and background colors, and (eventually) italics, bold, etc.

> They don't work with the video unit or the normal windows console,
because neither provide the above features.

> However, I also have
implementations for SDL and ZenGL here:

https://github.com/sabren/b4/blob/master/ng/rxgl_sdl.pas [4]
https://github.com/sabren/b4/blob/master/ng/rxgl_zen.pas [5]
https://github.com/sabren/b4/blob/master/ng/rt_term.pas [6]

> These
allow mixing console text with vector graphics powered by aggpas.

Looks like I haven't declared that they implement the kvm interfaces
yet, but they should be very similar.

> All of this is MIT-licensed
so feel free to do whatever with it.

> -Michal