[fpc-pascal] fpGUI documentation

Patrick patrick at spellingbeewinnars.org
Tue Oct 1 18:25:38 CEST 2013

Hi Graeme

I am really impressed with fpGUI. Judging from the examples and the
comments of others, this is exactly what I need.

The examples will go a long way in helping me understand it but I seem
to be hitting a number of roadblocks with the documentation.

The class index on the site appears to be a dead link:
http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/apidocs/index.html

In the documentation folder this file is German only:
layouting_de.html
(I can try Google translate or Learn German!)

I don't seem to be able to figure out how to generate the documentation
in the folder, I tried running all three build scripts:

:bash build_html.sh
FPDoc - Free Pascal Documentation Tool
Version 2.6.2 [2013/03/17]
(c) 2000 - 2003 Areca Systems GmbH / Sebastian Guenther, sg at freepascal.org

exception at 0000000000483246:
Unable to open file "xml/corelib/fpg_cmdlineparams.xml".

bash build_ipf.sh

(c) 2000 - 2003 Areca Systems GmbH / Sebastian Guenther, sg at freepascal.org

exception at 0000000000483246:
Unable to open file "xml/corelib/fpg_cmdlineparams.xml".

I found this PDF online:
http://geldenhuys.co.uk/articles/fpgui.pdf

It's from 2008 and it sound like you have done a lot of work since then,
is this document still valid?

Once I know what I am doing maybe I can help with the documentation a bit?

Have a great day-Patrick