[fpc-pascal] Re: [Bulk] Re: Namespaces Support

Dmitry Boyarintsev skalogryz.lists at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 02:44:30 CET 2013

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 6:07 PM, Marcos Douglas <md at delfire.net> wrote:

> Sorry, but this is boring.
> Do you not agree that is much better propose a solution to be possible
> to use two -- or more -- units that have the same name but works
> together at the same project?

Thought process is a boring thing in nature - it supposed to exhaust brain.

I definitely disagree on benefit of that. Since it opens door not bring a
unit name from a source to command-line.
You'll have a project of 10 Classes.pas and you'll define their actual name
in command line:
fpc -ALIAS/graphics/classes.pas Graphics -ALIAS/audio/classes.pas audio
-ALIAS/math/classes.pas

On another project the same unit, might get another alias:
fpc -ALIAS/graphics/classes.pas Graph -ALIAS/audio/classes.pas sounds

So management of this kind of projects and libraries turns into a funny
process.
>From that point of view name spaces (as they're declared in sources)
becomes far more predictable.

But again, back to namespaces, why people couldn't use underscores "_"? The
same domain pattern:
"org_douglas_marcos_classes.pas"
"org_mse_classes.pas"
With Delphi 2 the 8.3 file name limitation was removed and everybody could
start growing their domain libraries.

Ok, nevermind. From what I see the biggest issue is linking and I guess
RTTI (eventually)

thanks,
Dmitry