[fpc-pascal] http://www.freepascal.org/future.var

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Tue May 28 19:16:11 CEST 2013

On 28.05.2013 17:41, Reinier Olislagers wrote:
> On this page:
> http://www.freepascal.org/future.var
> this is mentioned:
> Planned for later versions
> LLVM backend support
>
> Going by the discussions on this mailing list I'm having trouble
> believing LLVM backend support would be in the plans. Should this line
> perhaps be removed.

Where in the discussions did we mention that we do not want a LLVM
backend? We even had a LLVM branch some time ago! The only point is that
a LLVM backend will be only one backend among the others unlike in the
new Delphi compiler. We are not going to give up our existing backends!

Also this point is mentioned under "Planned for later versions". This
does not mean the next (major) version, nor necessarily the one after
it, but some version after the next one depending on when someone is
going to work on it.

So in summary: no need to remove that point from the list...

Regards,
Sven