[fpc-pascal] Program not running

Koenraad Lelong fpascal at brouwerij.homelinux.net
Mon May 27 21:20:27 CEST 2013

Hi,

Does anyone have an idea why a program made with fpc will not run ?
I have an odroid X2 module, with xubuntu armhf. I "installed" the
fpc/fpgui-package from Paul Breneman on it. Then I compiled the demo's
which went fine. But when I tried to start those executables I get an
error :
./helloworld
-bash: ./helloworld: No such file or directory

When I "file" the executables I get :

file helloworld
helloworld: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, version 1 (SYSV),
dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.0.0, not stripped

ldd gives :
ldd helloworld
         not a dynamic executable

A bare fpc-program gives the same results.

program test;

begin

writeln('tfpc-test');
end.

Commandline to compile this :
./ppcarm test -Sc -FEbin -FUdcu -Fufpcunits -Iufpcunits

Running those same executables on a Raspberry Pi works OK.

Thanks for any idea's.

Koenraad Lelong