[fpc-pascal] FPC / Lazarus install on Fedora 18

md at rpzdesign.com md at rpzdesign.com
Wed May 22 17:18:59 CEST 2013

Anybody successful putting Freepascal 2.6.2 / Lazarus 1.0.8 on Fedora 18.

It seems like Fedora 18 has symbolic links which point /bin and /sbin to
/usr/bin and /usr/sbin respectively.

/bin -> /usr/bin
/sbin -> /usr/sbin

Then the compiler chokes an error about "You must have an old compiler"
because it can find fpc located in 2 different locations.

But what the compiler/lazarus does not know is that they are pointed to
the same compiler using 2 different routes, one via the hard file system
and the other using a symbolic link.

Ideas on how to set up the compiler / lazarus for Fedora 18?

(I am not certain about Fedora 15,16,17 since I only used Fedora 14 and
Fedora 18.

md