[fpc-pascal] systemh.inc(117, 16) Error: Duplicate identifier "FarPointer"h

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Thu May 9 11:08:04 CEST 2013

Marco van de Voort wrote:

>>> 2.6.0 is currently only supported for now. It might be removed sooner or later.
>> earlier in the thread someone posted that 2.6.2 could be used... that's why i
>> thought to maybe include that and then rejected due to the phrasing used ("will
>> work")...
>
> Since 2.6.2 is out, 2.6.2 is the only guaranteed way. But since there was no
> immediate reason known to disallow 2.6.0 (and Lazarus still offered 2.6.0
> releases at 2.6.2 release time), 2.6.0 was still allowed.
>
> Since earlier this week I've changed the naming, so now the warning specifies
> "2.6.2".

Would it be possible to query the makefile to get the required compiler
version etc.? Something like

$ make version
This is Free Pascal version 2.7.1, release 123456.
The only compiler version supported by the build procedure is 2.6.2.

This wouldn't solve historical questions for somebody trying to get
every major version on his system (e.g. "which version of FPC should I
use to build 2.4.2") but might help in the future.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk