[fpc-pascal] Cross-building on from Linux/i386 to Linux/x86-64

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Wed May 8 14:57:37 CEST 2013

In our previous episode, Jonas Maebe said:
> >> That script probably hasn't been used for ages. It's probably best to
> >> remove it in order to prevent confusion like you are encountering.
> >
> > Please don't, since that just makes it hard to add anything.
>
> I don't understand what you mean by this. How does it make it "hard to
> add anything"? Add what to what?

To the project. This is the first time that sb makes a comment about it, and
before I can even look into it, it is deleted? What kind of procedure is
that?

Yes it was old, and had defects. But that is not a reason to directly delete
it with only a few hours of advance warning on a working day.

> svn) and probably hasn't worked correctly in 10 years or so (if it
> ever worked really correctly, given that adding -Xd to OPT never never
> was correct).

It was the best that could be done then. And it did work, because back then,
with the exception of darwin, nothing run on host linked to libc, thus not
needing those paths. That has only changed very recently.

> You can always get it back from the history if you want

I'll restore it, and see if I can make some updates tonight.