[fpc-pascal] Strange error message

Darius Blaszyk dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl
Wed May 8 12:37:19 CEST 2013

> Am 08.05.2013 11:40, schrieb Darius Blaszyk:
>
> Am 08.05.2013 11:20, schrieb Darius Blaszyk:
> I'm working on a glut app but I keep on getting the message: Error: Can't assign local procedure/function to procedure variable The error is at this line: glutDisplayFunc(@redrawfunc); And the callback (which is declared in the same .inc file) is declared as: procedure redrawfunc; cdecl; I must be overlooking something obvious but I just don't see what. Any ideas?
>
> Is the "redrawfunc" a nested function/procedure?
> Is the include file maybe included in such a way that the compiler
> treats its code as a nested function/procedure?

No it's not nested. I have a .pas file with an interface section, next a
couple of .inc files fill in the implementation section. Maybe the
compiler is confused from that? Normally this should not be the case
(except there is a bug). Maybe you forgot a "end;" or "begin" somewhere
and now the compiler treats it as a nested procedure. Try to minimize
your program as good as possible so that you should find the spot which
triggers this.

Yup! If found a wrong begin/end. Everything works now...

Thanks!