[fpc-pascal] AT-SPI fpc compatible ?

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed May 8 10:13:50 CEST 2013

On Wed, 8 May 2013, Fred van Stappen wrote:

> >Hello.
> >I want add access to AT-SPI interface.
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assistive_Technology_Service_Provider_Interface
>
> >Does it exist a pascal header for that ?
> >Does anybody know how to do it, via fpc, not lcl ?
> >Thanks.
> Toc, toc, toc, is there anybody here ?
> Nobody have some experience with AT-SPI and FPC ?
> For example, Lazarus is working with ORCA but the application compiled with Lazarus does not work with ORCA.
> Could somebody help me to use AT_SPI with pure fpc (no LCL) ?
> Thanks.
> PS : It is a shame that FPC does not care about assistive technology.

Why do you say that ? As far as I can see, AT-SPI is a library like any other.

There are many libraries out there. We do not have the manpower to translate
headers for all libraries. So it has nothing to do with 'caring'. It is a question
of available manpower.

If it was not translated it means no-one had the need for it.
To my knowledge, you are the first to ask about it.

Michael.