[fpc-pascal] Win64 release of FPC 2.6.2 missing

Florian Klämpfl florian at freepascal.org
Wed May 1 11:30:44 CEST 2013

Am 30.04.2013 20:39, schrieb Graeme Geldenhuys:
> Hi,
>
> I just tried to update one of my Windows VM with the latest released
> FPC. To my surprise there is no Win64 release for FPC 2.6.2 on
> SourceForge? I only found a 32-bit cross-compiler.
>
> Why is this?

Because it has no advantage over the 32 bit cross compiler. FPC never
hits the 2 or 3 GB limit, a 64 bit compiler executable is slower, 32 bit
executables run perfectly on 64 bit windows. So we can just provide two
installers: a basic one targetting 32 bit win and an additional one for
people needing 64 bit development, all regardless of their host system.