[fpc-pascal] "Function header doesn't match" error

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Sun Mar 31 15:17:11 CEST 2013

Ewald wrote:
> Once upon a time, Mark Morgan Lloyd said:
>> I wonder whether anybody could throw some light on a curious error.
>> I've just tried to move a class definition into the interface part of
>> a unit, so that I could easily add a class helper, but I'm getting an
>> error
>>
>> borgumserverinterface.pas(927,24) Error: (3048) function header
>> doesn't match any method of this class
>> "TzzConnection.ExecuteSQL2(TStringList,Boolean="FALSE"):Boolean;"
>>
>> If I move the class back into the implementation part there's no
>> error. Simplified code as below:

>> It's that final declaration that goes wrong, but I can fix it by
>> moving the class back into the implementation part. FPC 2.6.2 on Linux
>> x86.
>>
> Just and idea: Can it be that you redefined TStringList (or boolean for
> that matter, but that doesn't strike me as obvious) in oneof the units
> you used in your implementation section?

I haven't... I'm sure I wouldn't be that stupid... oh bother.

Guilty as charged. I'd defined Custom.TStringList with a non-standard
Append2 method which appended a fragment to the last line. It builds if
I convert that to a class helper, but I haven't tested yet.

Thanks for your help and everybody's patience.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk