[fpc-pascal] Re: Example: regular expressions and "hash-tables"

S. Fisher expandafter at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 22 09:19:17 CET 2013

--- On Thu, 3/21/13, Reinier Olislagers <reinierolislagers at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Reinier Olislagers <reinierolislagers at gmail.com>
> Subject: [fpc-pascal] Re: Example: regular expressions and "hash-tables"
> Date: Thursday, March 21, 2013, 5:35 AM
> On 21-3-2013 2:14, S. Fisher wrote:
> > Not actually a hash-table, but an AvgLvlTree, which can
> be used the
> > same way.  The AvgLvlTree unit comes with Lazarus;
> if you don't have
> > that, you can download avglvltree.pas here:
> >
> > http://svn.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/trunk/components/lazutils/avglvltree.pas?root=lazarus&view=log
> >
> > There doesn't seem to be a lot of information available
> on using
> > regular expressions and hash-tables in Free Pascal, so
> I decided to
> > post this.
>
> If I'm not mistaken, see:
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/AVL_Tree
>
> Thanks,
> Reinier

Yes, that was one of the very few good references that I found.

There doesn't seem to be much demand for hash-tables in the Free
Pascal community.  Hash-tables can be very helpful.  I don't
see a good way to do what my program does without using associative
arrays of some type.

Also, there doesn't seem to be much use of regular expressions.

Anyway, TStringToPointerTree works well and seems very fast
to me.