[fpc-pascal] a proposal about "with" syntax

Xiangrong Fang xrfang at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 10:35:31 CET 2013

2013/3/18 Marco van de Voort <marcov at stack.nl>

> > > That's perfectly fine for C. But this isn't C.
> >
> > What's wrong here? In pascal, we also see space used in similar way:
>
> Never between type and variable/alias name and never in the order
> type[space]variable

This is not the case, as the thing before space is NOT a type but a
variable.   In my feeling things un-pascal is extensive use of "weird"
symbols... :-)

I cannot recall if there is already a notion of "alias" in free pascal, if
not then we just introduce this idea within the scope of "with" expression.