[fpc-pascal] a proposal about "with" syntax

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Sun Mar 17 14:59:59 CET 2013

Al 17/03/13 13:16, En/na Sven Barth ha escrit:

>>> Now THAT is really unpascalish... either ":=" or the already suggested
>>> "as"...
>>
>> Why? Constants and Types are also use '=' instead of ':=' for
>> assignments.
>
> But we aren't in a constant or type section here. Also one uses ":=" in
> the for-loop header.

But, differently than a for-loop, it's not an assignment, it's just an
alias definition.
Note that I can live without the option (after all I've not been using
the TI compiler for more than 20 years), but I liked the syntax at the
time and I still think it could be useful.

Bye
--
Luca