[fpc-pascal] Re: Selective Class Helper

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Thu Mar 14 18:49:44 CET 2013

Reimar Grabowski wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Mar 2013 10:48:58 +0200
> Juha Manninen <juha.manninen62 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> You consider it "magnificent" because you have not written anything
>> complex with it.
>> Please try it yourself. After haunting all the bugs causing crashes
>> and memory leaks it may not feel so magnificent any more.
> No C++ bashing, please. I have worked on multi million line C++ projects and do not think that it is a bad language. FPC is not the be all end all of programming languages.
> Every language has it's merrits and it's flaws.

In any event, memory leaks etc. in the compiler and standard libraries
are generally a symptom of a poor implementation rather than of poor
language design, and leaks and crashes in application code are generally
a symptom of a deficient programming environment. Let us be thankful
that Pascal's early adoption of managed strings shielded us from much of
the pain caused by C, and that strong type checking protected us from
most of the rest.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk