[fpc-pascal] fcl-xml

dev.dliw at gmail.com dev.dliw at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 10:39:35 CET 2013

Hi,
working with fcl-xml some questions came together. Every hint is appreciated.

1.
No matter what I do and which (short & valid) xml file I use - getElementById
is always nil (tested with trunk and latest stable 2.6.2) and the same applies
to TXMLDocument.IDs.
I tried with ReadXMLFile and TDOMParser with different options - but the
result is always the same.

Is getElementById supposed to work properly or is it something that needs to
be implemented?
Trying to understand what the parser does (not that easy), I got the feeling
that no Hashtable for the IDs is created  - can someone with more insight
comment on that?

2.
Is there a way to tell WriteXMLFile *not* to use indentation?

3.
What is the state of XPath?
The readme says 'Should be fairly completed' - can I assume it works for
simple tasks?

Many thanks for any hint,
d.l.i.w