[fpc-pascal] Set size limit

Rolf Grunsky rgrunsky at sympatico.ca
Sun Mar 10 17:34:19 CET 2013

On 13-03-09 03:56 PM, Jonas Maebe wrote:

> On 09 Mar 2013, at 21:52, Daniel Gaspary wrote:
>
>> The problem seems to be that TMyEnum has more than 256 elements.
>>
>> Can I specify such Set with some compiler option ?
>
> No.
>
>> My fpc is pre 2.6, any change on new versions concerning Sets limits?
>
> No.
>

> Jonas

As I recall (it's been almost 30 years since I looked at this) UCSD
Pascal had a set size of 4096 bits. This was a p-code interpreter. I
think the 32 bit set size was a result of the original TurboPascal being
written for the Z-80. UCSD Pascal is long gone, TurboPascal staggers on.

Rolf

--
                                TRUTH in her dress finds facts too tight.
                                In fiction she moves with ease.